“And now it’s time for “Silly Songs with Larry,” the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song. So without further ado…”
It’s time for another “Top Five” list…this time, my favorite Veggie Tales Silly Songs! I’m not going to include “The Hairbrush Song,” because it’s too obvious. It’s like adding the Bible to your list of favorite books…it’s just a given, we all love it, it’s in a class of its own. So, once you get past that, here’s my top five list (which actually has six songs, because the two Christmas Silly Songs are a tie in my book!):
- “The Song of the Cebú”–I’ll never understand why Archibald continues to be surprised when Larry’s songs don’t work out as advertised, and yet his indignation is always funny. The idea of a sneezing cebú never disappoints, as well.
- “Pizza Angel”–Maybe it’s because it’s a song about Chicago-style pizza, or maybe it’s because it’s such a ridiculous set-up, but I really love this song!
- “Kilts and Stilts”–This one is a little surprising, because I will admit that I’m not as big a fan of the newer Silly Songs as I am of the early ones. But Kilts and Stilts makes me laugh every time, and it’s just so clever!
- “Monkey”–I have fond memories of this song, because Moose loved it so much when he was small. It’s also very useful…I don’t think any of us will ever forget, “Tail…monkey. No tail…ape!”
- “The Eight Polish Foods of Christmas”–This song had its beginning in a classic Silly Song, “I Love My Lips,” where Oscar is first mentioned. And before it was a Silly Song, in the traditional sense of the word, it appeared on a Christmas CD. It was hilarious then, and even funnier once the visuals were added!
- “Oh, Santa”–Even thought it’s a song about Santa, I love it. Especially the peach as IRS agent, and the fact that even kindly Larry won’t put up with him.
“This has been Silly Songs with Larry. Tune in next time to hear Larry sing…”