Last week I shared my homemade pretzel recipe, so I figured it would only be fitting to share the fondue we like to dip them in this week. Other things we like to dip, besides the pretzels, include baby gherkins, cooked brat pieces, and rye bread.
- 10 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6-8 ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 rounded tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup German lager beer
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- A few drops Tabasco
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Combine cheeses in a bowl and toss with flour. Add beer to a small pot and bring up to a bubble over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and add cheese in handfuls. Stir constantly, melting the cheese in batches. Stir in a figure-eight pattern with wooden spoon. When the cheese has been incorporated fully, stir in the mustard, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer fondue to warm fondue pot.