I modified this recipe from one our local grocery store suggested as a way to use up leftover turkey…the combination of flavors is amazing! I will definitely be adding this one to our Thanksgiving leftovers permanent collection!
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup leftover or whole berry canned cranberry sauce
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 8 oz. package chèvre (goat cheese) with herbs, softened
- 2 cups chopped leftover or cooked turkey
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- salsa and/or guacamole
Zest limes. In small bowl, stir together cranberry sauce and lime zest.
Place tortillas on work surface; evenly spread each with one ounce chèvre, then cranberry sauce mixture. Evenly top four tortillas with turkey and jalapeño; top with remaining tortillas to close quesadillas.
In batches, spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; add 1 quesadilla and cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Spray top of quesadilla with cooking spray; turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cut each into 6 wedges; serve with salsa and guacamole.