- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast–4 to 5 pounds (I like a picnic roast)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons each ground cumin, paprika and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 7 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Sandwich buns
- Barbecue sauce
Cut roast in half. Combine the salt, oregano, cumin, paprika and pepper; rub over pork. Place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
Trim cilantro, discarding stems. Add the whole cilantro leaves, onions, chilies and garlic to the slow cooker. Combine the broth, orange juice and lime juice; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; set aside 3 cups juices. Discard remaining juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in reserved cooking juices; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat onto bun. Serve with barbecue sauce.