This is a wonderful, rich, cheesecake, which can be made even more special with the addition of an Irish Cream and Chocolate Ganache, and Irish Whipped Cream!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, powdered’ sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa. Add melted butter and stir until well mixed. Pat into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, white sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and flour. Beat at medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the sour cream and Irish cream liqueur; mixing on low speed. Pour filling over baked crust.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees, and continue baking for 60 minutes.
With a knife, loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool, then remove the rim of pan. Top with chocolate ganache while cheesecake is at room temperature, if desired. Chill before serving.
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. Irish Cream liqueur