I know that most people probably know how to make this already. But since it’s almost St. Patrick’s Day, I thought I’d share my recipe, which is delicious because it involves Guinness. That makes it extra Irish, right?
- 3-4 lb. flat-cut corned beef brisket
- 2-3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 head cabbage, cored and chopped
- 1 12 oz. bottle Guinness draught
Place carrots and onions in bottom of slow cooker. Place corned beef (and contents of accompanying spice packet), on top. Place chopped cabbage over corned beef, and pour Guinness over all. Cook on low heat 10-12 hours.