- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 4 green onions, sliced, or 1/2 cup regular onions, diced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)
In large soup kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour; heat and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted.
Can be put in crock-pot to keep warm.