I discovered this Christmas that there are five Christmas movies I can watch over and over again, and never tire of. Don’t get me wrong, I have watched many, many Christmas movies this year, and liked them all, but most of them I can watch once, maybe twice a year, and have my fill. Not my top five, though–they deserve multiple viewings!
- White Christmas–not just my favorite Christmas movie–one of my top five favorite movies, period!
- San Francisco Ballet Nutcracker–not technically a movie, but still one of my very favorite things to watch at Christmas.
- Elf–just so very, very funny.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol–I watched at least five versions of A Christmas Carol this year, and the Muppets are still, by far, my favorite. True to the original story, great music, plus…Muppets. What more can you ask for?
- Eloise at Christmastime–this is kind of a guilty pleasure, because it’s somewhat cheesy, and the production quality is pretty low. But for some reason, I find it absolutely charming, even if Eloise is the world’s naughtiest child!
I could probably cheat a bit, and add a TV program to my list–A Charlie Brown Christmas. I never tire of hearing Linus tell the Christmas story, and I love the music. Plus, I have to respect any animated special that doesn’t focus on (and in fact, barely mentions) Santa.