Time for another “Top Five” list…this time, I’m taking a look at my favorite episodes of M*A*S*H! This could have easily been a “Top Ten” list, but for once, it was easy for me to pick my five very favorite episodes, so I’m going to leave it right there.
- “Movie Tonight” (season 5)–This episode, where the camp gathers to watch Colonel Potter’s favorite movie (with many interruptions), always makes me laugh, and also has me singing along!
- “The Party” (season 7)–I love the idea of the family members of those working at the 4077th getting together and having a reunion of sorts…and when Klinger’s mom told them all that of course she knew he was in Korea, it always make me cry.
- “Nurse Doctor” (season 8)–This may be my very favorite episode ever, because it has me laughing from “I think the sun was in my ears” to “You stop talking about her, you stop hating her, and you stop dating her!”
- “A War for All Seasons” (season 9)–Because of how fluid time usually is in M*A*S*H, this episode is especially interesting, because it looks at the events of a whole year. It’s funny, but also bittersweet.
- “No Sweat” (season 9)–Between Colonel Potter being constantly dragged out of bed after taking sleeping pills and Margaret’s unfortunate case of prickly heat, this episode is hilarious from start to finish!
I realize that there are no episodes on my list from the time Colonel Blake and Trapper John were on the show, and there’s a reason for it…I hate those three seasons. I know that’s sacrilege to some, but I don’t like those two characters at all, while I love Colonel Potter and B.J. So when we watch through the show, as we’ve been doing recently, I always start with “Welcome to Korea” and just pretend the show started from there!