- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 7 oz. can diced green chilies
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) rotel, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- Sour cream, coarsely crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced ripe olives, optional
In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne. Add the turkey, beans, rotel and corn.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Garnish with sour cream, chips, cheese and olives if desired.