OK, in all honesty, when I made this last weekend, it was actually Chicken Primavera. I was “test driving” the recipe before turkey leftovers season is upon us. At any rate, it was great with the chicken, and I think it will be even better with the turkey!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Julienne carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 small chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey (or chicken)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Toss with parmesan cheese before serving.