I’m not a big casserole person (I actually hate most of them!), but there is an exception, and I don’t just tolerate Reuben casserole, it’s one of my favorite dinners! I even like it better than the more traditional Reuben sandwich…I think it’s at least partly because the toasty Rye bread on top is so delicious!
- 1 lb. deli corned beef, chopped
- 1000 Island dressing
- 14 oz. canned sauerkraut, drained well
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese (you can use shredded or sliced)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 8 slices Rye bread, chopped
Preheat oven to 350. Spread chopped corned beef on bottom of 9×13 pan. Drizzle about 1/2 cup 1000 Island on top. Sprinkle with sauerkraut. Top with Swiss cheese. Toss chopped bread with melted butter, and place over cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the bread is toasty.