Today Turkey and Bunny went “back to school.”
For today, anyway, the school room is organized, books are on the shelves where they belong, the table is free of clutter–a week from now, it’ll probably be a completely different story, but today it looks good!
Turkey and Bunny are very excited about the things they’ll be learning this year, especially American History and writing in cursive. Here’s a brief rundown of our daily schedule:
- Calendar/Weather/Day of School Countdown (This is all pretty much for Ladybug’s benefit at this point.)
- Bible/Catechism (We’ll primarily be reading through the Treasury of Daily Prayer, with some help from Concordia’s Complete Bible Handbook for Students, plus reviewing whatever is currently being discussed in catechesis at church.)
- Math (Horizons level 3)
- Language Arts (This includes grammar, penmanship, spelling, vocabulary, copywork and/or dictation, and writing.)
- Latin (Latin Christiana I)
- History/Read-Alouds (From Adventures in My Father’s World)
- Reading (Weekly My Father’s World book basket selections)
- Science (Beautiful Feet’s History of Science)
In addition to all of that, we also have elective Fridays, where we’ll be learning about musical instruments, (we’ll be going through Those Amazing Musical Instruments, plus a coloring book), and composers, (we’re still using the Classical Kids Collection volumes one and two CDs), as well as horses, with Beautiful Feet’s History of the Horse. Plus we’ll use Fridays for playing educational games, such as Reading Roadway USA and the Scrambled States of America, and even the occasional Lego building activity, like the Lego White House from the Architecture series.
It’s going to be another great year–I’m so excited to get started!