Last year, I shared a list of books that we were reading in our Thanksgiving studies. That list has been updated, to include four additional books I’ve added for this year:
- P is for Pilgrim: A Thanksgiving Alphabet
- Balloons over Broadway–A true story about a puppeteer in the Macy’s Parade.
- Sarah Gives Thanks–Based on the story of Sarah Josepha Hale (author of “Mary Had a Little Lamb”), who petitioned President Lincoln to proclaim a National Day of Thanksgiving.
- Over the River and Through the Wood
Plus a few craft books that we’ve used the last several years, and a few others that I’d like to try, but I never thought to include:
- Great Colonial America Projects You Can Build Yourself
- Colonial Kids: An Activity Guide to Life in the New World
- Colonial Days
- Easy Make and Learn Projects: Colonial America
- More Than Moccasins: A Kid’s Activity Guide to Traditional North American Indian Life
I’m looking forward to this year’s “Thanksgiving School”…it’s one of my favorite units every year!