I’ve been thinking lately about my favorite places in the St. Louis area, so I decided to come up with a “Top Five” list. It wasn’t easy to narrow it down, and I really wish I could have added a sixth location, so that Eckert’s could get its due (see what I did there?), but I finally settled on these five places:
- Busch Stadium–There is no place in St. Louis that I’d rather be than at the ballpark, watching the Cardinals win!
- Missouri Botanical Garden–Even though less than a year ago, we’d never even been to the Botanical Garden, it’s quickly become a favorite destination for the entire family. I love seeing how things change, even from week to week. And the special events are fantastic!
- Grant’s Farm–This has long been a family favorite location. Where else can you ride a tram through a deer park, feed goats, ride a carousel, take in an animal show or two, visit some cool old conveyances, and drink a free beer (if you’re of legal age)? I can’t think of any other place like it!
- Seamus McDaniel’s–I know what you’re thinking…Seamus McDaniel’s, home of the best burger in St. Louis, isn’t an “attraction.” Well, to our family it is! And some of my favorite memories can be traced back to that restaurant, so it’s definitely one of my favorite places in St. Louis.
- Forest Park–I suppose this one is kind of cheating, because a.) It includes a whole bunch of individual locations; and 2.) It’s so obvious. But Forest Park is a special place. Home to many free, family friendly attractions like the St. Louis Zoo, the Missouri History Museum, the St. Louis Science Center, and the St. Louis Art Museum, plus host to many local festivals, and a fantastic place to enjoy the great outdoors, whether you’re going for a walk or having a picnic, Forest Park is a true St. Louis treasure, and a place I enjoy visiting regularly.
What are your favorite locations in St. Louis?